Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Benefit Posiebalm

Benefit_Posiebalm_lip_balm_colour_hydratingI'm a huge fan of Benefit's Ultra Plush Lip Gloss so I high hopes for the company's Posiebalm, which I received in my May 2014 Topbox. Happily, I wasn't let down.

Described as a "hydrating tinted lip balm," this product uses "mango butter and sodium hyaluronate" to soften and condition lips. I have no idea what "sodium hyaluronate" but when combined with the rest of Posiebalm's ingredients it left my lips feeling fantastic. And it wasn't just a fleeting feeling; my lips felt fully moisturized for at least an hour after using this product.

While this balm provides plenty of hydration, it's on the light side when it comes to colour, a trait that, to be fair, Benefit is perfectly upfront about, "this poppy-pink tinted kiss of sheer, buildable color gives you the softest, prettiest lips." Benefit even recommends gliding this product over your favourite lip colour.

I tried that trick and found that it was a great way to add some moisture to any lip colour that could do with some hydration. On its own, the balm gave my lips a light, pink tinge that while subtle, was fine for a more low-key situation, like a day at the office or just running errands.

Besides adding a touch of colour, Posiebalm also provides a pop of shine. As with the colour, it's not intense or even eye-catching but it's attractive and just right for daily wear.

As with the Ultra Plush Lip Gloss, this product is available is several highly wearable colours, each with their own fun name. All four shades are nicely packaged in cute but durable tubes that are ideal for throwing in your bag.
Posiebalm is the highlight shade
Retailing for $22 at Sephora, this lip blame isn't cheap but since it's the type of product that you could easily use on a daily basis, it's worth the splurge.

Would I buy this product: I need another tinted lip item like I need another pair of uncomfortable shoes so I likely won't actually buy this product but I would like to.

Should you buy this product: If you're looking for a great-feeling lip balm that gives you just a hint of colour and gloss, then yes, pick this item up.

No comments:

Post a Comment