Monday, July 7, 2014

Bioderma Atoderm Gentle Shower Gel

I don’t manufacture beauty products but if I did, I would make sure that every product I made had its own web page that was complete with an attractive photo, detailed description, an online shopping option and a list of which brick-and-mortar stores sell the product. I say all of this because I’ve just spent 10 minutes trying to find official, online info on Bioderma Atoderm Gentle Shower Gel, a product that I received in my June 2014 Topbox.

Unfortunately, the best I can do is this vague page that contains some details on Bioderma’s Atoderm line and this page that at least gives a Canadian price. That price is $24 for 200 ml, a number that I find a bit of the high side given my “meh” experiences with this product. This isn’t a bad product; the gel certainly cleansed my skin and didn’t in anyway irritate it. But a part from the scent— a light, faintly floral smell—this product didn’t wow me.

Maybe the problem is my skin. The Atoderm line is designed for “Dry skin” or “Very dry skin with occasional itching” while, according to the gel's tube, this “soap-free foaming cleanser (is) suited to daily hygiene for dry skin.” Thanks to my great body lotion (which I just realized I haven’t reviewed yet), my skin isn’t dry; it’s actually quite hydrated. As a result, I don’t think I got much out of this gel’s “patented natural Dermatological Advanced Formulation complex (that) raises the skin’s tolerance threshold.”

But while that special complex didn’t do much for me, I do appreciate that this gel is free of parabens and colouring. I also quite liked this wash’s texture and how it foamed up a nice amount.

But neither of these traits are unique to this product and even though they, and the previously mentioned scent, are lovely, they aren’t worth $24 in my mind. Maybe if my skin was itchy and flakey, I might be typing something different but since it’s not, I’m passing on this product.

Though given the lack of online information, including nothing about where I can buy it in-person, about this gel, even if I loved it this product, I would still have to pass on it.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: If you have dry skin, and you’re a fan of scented, foaming, gel body wash, then yeah, give this product a shot, if you can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment