Saturday, July 26, 2014

Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure Take 2

Broadway_Nails imPRESS_Press-on_Manicure_Wink_Wink_apply_remove_video
Wink Wink
If you’ve ever wondered if brands read beauty blogger posts, I have definite proof for you. A few weeks ago I wrote about how I wasn’t a fan of Broadway Nails’ imPRESS Press-on nails. Someone from the company saw my post, contacted me and offered to send me some samples, so that I could the product another shot.

And that’s exactly what I did, after I watched this useful video that explained exactly how to apply the nails. One tip it offered, that you should lay out all of your nail press-ons before putting them on, in order of the corresponding fingers, was quite useful.

My main issue with this product was, and still is, that the nails suggest don’t fit my nails properly. Applying them properly did help matters and on my smaller fingers, the stickers fully cover my real nails, just like they should. But, unfortunately, that wasn’t the case for all of my fingers and some of them ended up with a gap on either side of the sticker.

Thankfully, this gap issue can be minimized by picking the right pattern. I was sent three different patterns and one of them Wink Wink, is perfect for both my personality and my fat nails. While the tips of this pattern are done up in a sparkly blue, gold and white design, the bulk of it is a pale but glossy pink that’s quite similar to my natural nail colour. This colouring meant that any gaps were only noticeable on super-close examination.

It also meant that my nails looked fantastic. While some of Broadway Nails’ imPRESS Press-on nails patterns are a bit loud for me, Wink Wink is a great balance of flash and class. I loved how it looked and I wasn’t alone; multiple people complemented me on how pretty my nails looked.

However, while my nails looked great, they didn’t initially feel great. Now, I need to mention that I normally keep my nails on the short side and almost never wear fake nails. If you’re someone who’s used to longer nails, you’ll likely feel quite comfortable wearing this product. But personally, I felt like my fingertips were useless for the most of the first day of wear. The second day was better, and by the third day, things almost felt natural, almost.

A big part of the reason for that “useless” feeling was because I was hyper-conscience about breaking my nails. However, as I became more used to them and started using my fingertips normally again, I discovered that this product is actually pretty durable. During the four days I wore the press-ones, all of them but one stayed firmly in place.

That one “naughty” press-on was likely my fault; the middle part wasn’t stuck to my nail and I believe that was due to me not pressing down on that part for long enough when I first applied it. But even though that nail wasn’t applied properly, it still stayed on, held in place by the glue that ran along the sides of the press-on.

Though you can wear this product for up to seven days, I only did four as I found typing while wearing it a bit of a pain (but again, if you’re used to longer nails, typing probably won’t be an issue for you). To remove the press-ons, I simply covered them in a nail polish remover-soaked pad for several seconds and then peeled the press-on off. While this technique seemed like it might damage one's nails, it was actually fine.

These are just a few of the available patterns

imPRESS Press-on nails come in a variety of patterns and while some are too crazy for me, it makes sense that this collection offers some complicated design choices. Applying this product is a breeze and much, much quicker and easier than going to the salon and getting some complicated nail art done. It’s also much cheaper, coming in at around $11 per set.

Would I buy this product: I don’t love it but I do see a time and a place for it. Because of that, I can see myself buying imPRESS Press-on nails.

Should you buy this product: That depends. While this product isn’t for everyone (skip it if you have wide nails, need to have full use of your fingertips or prefer short and simple nails), it is ideal for a fun weekend or night out.


No comments:

Post a Comment