Thursday, September 18, 2014

My September 2014 Topbox

Wow, is it mid-September already? It feels like I was just opening my August Topbox a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit that I'm not really thrilled with how quickly the year is flying by (I hate winter and I have a few crazy weeks coming up at work) but I am happy to have received my latest Topbox. While August's box was rather disappointing,  September is a return to Topbox's usual fine form.

Here's what I got in my latest box (which is technically a bag as I opt for the eco-and-mailbox friendly option):

  • Institut Esthederm Lift & Repair Absolute Smoothing Cream
  • Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo (21.3 g)
  • Bioderma Sebium Foaming Gel (15 ml)
  • Essie Nail Lacquer in Cute As A Button (full size)

I'm most intrigued by the first items as they are new to me. Usually skin creams don't catch my attention but I need something new to fight my forehead lines and I'm hoping this might do the trick. Actually, that's not true. The full-sized version of this cream is $139, which is a little rich for me (though if this really works...).

I already have a dry shampoo that I quite like but I'll always willing to see if there is something better out there. This product claims to add "an extra boost of volume" in addition to refreshing hair and if it does successfully do both of those tasks, Cake's Satin Sugar Hair & Body Refreshing Body will have some serious competition.

I've received the Bioderma face wash before and while I'm generally not a fan of repeat products, I'll actually soon be in need of new face wash so the timing worked out nicely with this item. Apparently I didn't blog about my previous experience with this product so I'll have to make sure to do that this time around.

Like most Topbox subscribers, I have received Essie polishes before though this shade, Cute As A Button, is new to me. The shade surprised me since it's a bright pink that's more suitable to the spring than the fall but it's a pleasant colour that I think will look particularly nice on my toes. It's just too bad that this has to be an Essie polish as I find this brand to be thin, liquid-y and a pain to apply.






No comments:

Post a Comment