Friday, September 12, 2014

Spark Sessions Agenda Announced

Earlier this week, Spark Sessions, Toronto’s only conference for fashion and beauty bloggers, announced what we’ll be learning about on November 15 and November 16.

Unlike last year’s event, where everyone attended the same sessions, a few of the time slots give attendees an option of one of two sessions. This is a smart move though I already have a conflict: On the Saturday I want to learn about ad networks and I want to learn how to turn blogging into a fulltime job (actually, I already have a good sense of how to do that and guess what, only blogging twice a week won’t do it).

Other topics covered over the two days including building a relationship with PR professionals, how to rebrand your blog, “the importance of Google+ and Pinterest” and how to blog ethically.

Saturday ends with a sponsor fair and speed networking opportunities “between Sponsors, PR and Industry and Fashion and Beauty Bloggers”.  These are both great ideas and I really like they run from 2:45 to 5 so I can still get home in good time and have my Saturday night.

The keynote speakers haven’t been announced but I’m hoping whoever is doing the Saturday morning slot isn’t too strong; I have to work a concert the night before and likely won’t be there until the first session.

Tickets for Spark Sessions are still available over here. The early price ends on September 30 so if you’re interested in learning a ton about blogging, secure your seat now!

Need further convincing? Just check out my swag bag from last year’s event. The $75 Smart Set gift card almost covered the cost of my (super-early bird) tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment