Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

There are a few items that I was try to have in my bag: some kind of tinted lip balm, some kind of headache medicine and Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder. This is a fantastic product and because of that, it’s one of the few items I consider to be a “must-have.”

My skin has a tendency to be a bit oily. While mattefying primers, foundations and loose powders (particularly those from Make Up For Ever) can keep the oil at bay for a few hours, eventually, if I’m out long enough, the oil makes an appearance. That’s when I turn to this pressed powder.

According to Clinique, this product’s “Ultra-sheer texture gives skin a perfected matte appearance” and its “shine-absorbing, oil-free formula” “Maintains a fresh look and feel, even after frequent touch-ups.”

I agree with all of those claims. This powder feels like nothing but somehow it’s able to efficiently soak up oil with only one or two swipes. Unlike many other powders out there, this one doesn’t create that “powdered,” built-up look nor does it alter the appearance or feel of foundation, even after multiple uses. Instead, all it does is create a clean, matte look.

Besides being effective, this product is also wonderfully packaged. Okay, Clinique’s traditional green colour isn’t quite my thing but I am a fan of the sleek, sturdy case that slides easily into my bags. In addition to the powder, that case also contains a mirror and a sponge that smoothly and evenly distributes the powder.

While this product isn’t as long lasting as my Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder, it does do a reasonable job at preventing future shine. I’ve actually taken it with me on short trips instead of my loose powder because of the good job it does and because of its convenient packaging.

This powder comes in 11 different shades. I use Invisible Matte, which is supposedly suitable for all skin types. I know that a lot of “invisible” or “translucent” products can make skin look dusty or ashy but that’s not the case with this one; “invisible” really does mean invisible.

If this product does have one flaw it’s that it’s not cheap, retailing at just under $30. However, since a little goes a long way, one compact should last you for months.

Will I buy this product again: Yes!

Should you buy this product:
Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment