Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My October 2014 Topbox



*Oops! This was supposed to be posted last week. Well, better late than never.*

When I first opened my latest Topbox I was quite excited by what I saw. Normally each box contains four items but this one contained five and all were of good size. One of the items I recognized as a makeup brand that I'm already a fan of while the others all looked intriguing. Then I took a closer look at what I actually got and became a little sad because this box isn't that great.

Here's what I got:
  • Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution (100 ml)
  • The Balm Cosmetics How 'Bout Them Apples? Lip And Cheek Palette In Pie (0.57 g)
  • Curl Keeper Ultimate Hold With Frizz Control (30 ml; two packages)
  • Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Synchronized Complex II (4 ml)
Two of the five items are the same hair product by Curl Keeper and are something that might not be my thing. While this product is aimed at frizzy hair, something I have, it's a gel and I can't figure out how to use it. Maybe there's an online video or something.

Of the remaining three, the one that interests me the must the Bioderma one. I've never used a micelle solution so I'm happy I get to try that out.

The Balm product would be more appealing if the colour was something I could wear; Pie is a very pink shade for me. I also already have quite a few other products that are similar to this one.

But The Balm palette is more interesting than the final item I received: eye cream. You can't get much more boring than that. I'm tempted to give this one away however, I am in need of a new forehead cream since the last one didn't really turn out. I think I might repurpose this eye cream as a forehead one (hey, it's not like the cream knows the difference between one's eye area and one's forehead).

1 comment:

  1. Eye cream is expensive normally. Generally I love Eye Cream samples....the samples keeps me from being tempted to spend $70 on a 20 ml tub. :-P I'll trade you makeup/skincare items I'm not using. :-D

    ReplyDelete