Friday, January 2, 2015

Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara by LashBlast

I have no idea where or how I received my full-sized Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara by LashBlast. Its mystery origins are likely why its been sitting in a box for months, while I used and tested other mascaras (that and it is a Cover Girl product).

Finally though it was time to try out this freebie and I'm now wishing that I had opened this product a lot sooner because it's not bad. According to Cover Girl, this product is, "A breakthrough in no-clump mascara" that generates "200% more volume and zero clumps." The end results are "super-volumized, beautifully separated lashes." I don't agree with the bulk of those claims but despite that, I still like this mascara and can see a time and a place for it.

Personally, I found that this product had minimal impact on the volumes of my lashes. Yes, it added a bit of volume but certainly not "200% more." Instead, it was more like a subtle touch of thickness, one that perked up my eyes while keeping things completely natural looking.

This mascara also didn't deliver "zero clumps" however, it did come pretty close as generally, one eye went clump-free while the other ended up with one or two small clumps. When a clump did appear, breaking it up or combing it out generally wasn't an issue. Because of that, I do feel comfortable saying that this mascara gave me "beautifully separated lashes."

The clump crushing power is due to this mascara's "innovative double-sided brush" that features "lash-loading and clump-combing zones to crush clumps." While most brushes are packed with fibres, this one is made of a few dozen, short but sharp plastic teeth. Once I've used up this mascara, I fully intend to thoroughly wash the brush and to give it a new life as a lash comb.

I like my lashes to be long and full, regardless of the time of day. While I do tone down the drama during the daytime, I doubt anyone looks at my lashes and thinks that they are makeup-free (and I'm OK with that). But some people out there want a really simple, clean but pretty look. This mascara is perfect for those people, as well as those who for whatever reason are suppose to have a makeup-free look.

While Cover Girl doesn't make any claims about this product's endurance, I was impressed by how while it stayed in place. It didn't smudge or flake, even when I was wearing it while working out. But despite its staying power, it washed off cleanly and easily.

This mascara comes in four colours, all different versions of black and brow. The packaging is nothing special but it is sturdy and gets the job done. It also likely helps to keep this item's cost down. Like all Cover Girl products this one is quite afforadable, retailing at around $11.

Would I buy this product: If I ever had a need for a subtle mascara, I certainly would. Thankfully, I live a life where long, lush lashes are completely acceptable.

Should you buy this product: If you want lashes that have a clean, natural look, this is a great product to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment