Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Vitabath Body Wash

Vitabath is one of those brands that I know exists but that has never really appealed to me. I can’t explain why, it’s not like I’ve heard bad things about it. But then, I also haven’t heard good things either. It’s just one of those brands that just doesn’t get much buzz.

The people at Vitabath seem to be aware of this as they were one of the companies that, in addition to contributing free samples to the swag bag of every Spark Sessions Fashion and Beauty Blogger Conference attendee, also purchased a table at the event’s “fair.” This was a great idea as it allowed bloggers to chat one-on-one with Vitabath reps, all who were friendly and informative.

While the company's name might suggest that Vitabath is all about bath items, its product mix actually features a mix of body care items including body mists, lotions and gelees, many of which are available in travel sizes. The angle on most of those products is that they have unique scents like "lime citron basil" and "noveau rose." As someone who loves highly scented products, I was excited to try out the items that the company sent me home with: samples of Spa Day Green Tea & Sage Body Wash, In Bloom Beach Blossom Body Wash and a full-sized set of the Sweet Pink Peppermint Body Wash & Lotion set.

I ended up giving away the peppermint products to someone who could make better use of them than me (I’m also not a huge fan of the smell of peppermint) but I used every last drop of the two sample packets even though they were kind of disappointing.

According to Vitabath, these products are supposed to allow me to, “Experience the luxurious lather…” that “…will leave your skin feeling clean, refreshed and vibrant.” The green tea product was supposed to let me to “Get your zen on with the relaxing aroma of green tea and the soul cleansing power of sage” while Beach Blossom was supposedly "...like having a beach in a bottle."    The lather produced by both washes was nothing remarkable and the scents were even less impressive. They were there, but barely.

Now, I get that green tea and passion flower, the primary scent in the Beach Blossom wash, aren’t strong smells but still, if scent is a supposed to be a selling feature of these products, I shouldn’t have to pause and smell the suds to notice the scent. Both washes did leave me feeling clean but that was it. I didn’t feel “refreshed,” more “vibrant” than usual and I certainly didn’t come away with the impression that I’d experienced anything “luxurious.”

While these washes might not deliver a remarkable experience, their ingredient list is notable. In addition to being sulphate and paraben free, they are "formulated with:"
  • Antioxidant rich super fruit blend: Acai, Goji, Coffee, Noni, Pomegranate, Green Tea & Mangosteen 
  • Vitamin A, B3, C, E and Pro-Vitamin B5 skin conditioning nutrients enrich the formula 
  • No Petro-Chemicals or Triclosan 
  • Free of propylene glycol, DEA, TEA, mineral oils and silicone
My skin didn’t feel any different than when I was using Nivea’s In-shower Body Moisturizer Skin Conditioner though I feel like that’s more a comment on Nivea than Vitabath, which doesn't make any loud claims about moisturizing.

One undeniable fact about these body washes is that they are nicely priced, with a 360ml bottle coming in at around $8. They’re also sensibly packaged in containers that do their jobs without any fuss.

Would I buy these products: No; these body washes just didn’t do it for me.

Should you buy these products: I can see how these items could be ideal for someone who wants a well-priced body wash that has just a touch of scent and doesn’t have parabens, petrochemicals or other, similar ingredients. If that’s you, look into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment