Wednesday, February 25, 2015

First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser

I received my sample of First Aid Beauty’s Face Cleanser as a freebie from Sephora. While face cleansers aren’t the most exciting products, I was happy to get this sample because it was the perfect size to take on my recent two-week vacation.

According to FAB, this product “…gently cleanses the skin, removes surface oils, make up, dirt and grime.” I completely agree. While this is a very mild cleanser, it does a great job at getting rid of surface dirt. It didn’t quite clean out my pores but then it doesn’t claim to be a deep cleansing product.

It did though do an impressive job at keeping blemishes at bay. While I was on vacation, I sweated a lot (I was in Fiji, which is a very hot and humid place) but despite that, I didn’t get a single pimple during the two weeks I was away.

FAB also claims that this wash “…is infused with a powerful botanical antioxidant blend that works hard to scavenger free radicals.” I have no idea if this is true or not but I do agree with FAB’s statement what this product’s “whipped texture transforms into a rich cream when blended with water.” This face wash does indeed have a lux feeling to it that felt great on my face. But despite that richness, the cleanser also washes away cleanly.

This product isn’t something I would normally buy because it’s not meant for my combination skin type. Instead it’s “…ideal for sensitive or irritated skin, skin that is undergoing treatment or as a gentle alternative for healthy skin” as it supposedly “Preserves the natural oils that protect the skin” and is “PH-balanced to maintain the natural acidity of the skin.”

I don’t have sensitive skin so I can’t comment on whether or not, “Daily use will result in fewer flare ups and reduced skin reactivity” nor if this product “Calms redness and irritation.” But I can see why it would be a good match for someone with sensitive skin since it’s parabens-free, contains no “harsh chemical or colorants” but does contain aloe.

This face wash retails for $25. For that price, you’ll get a basic plastic tube that’s practical though not overly pretty.

Would I buy this product: No, it’s not meant for someone with my skin.

Should you buy this product: If you have sensitive skin, it’s worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment