Friday, April 24, 2015

Nip + Fab Viper Venom Extreme Night Fix

I know, I know, a product that contains something called “SYN®-AKE” is to be viewed sceptically, especially when the overall product is called Viper Venom Extreme Night Fix. Still, when I saw this product on sale, I decided to give it a shot; at worst I would be out not even $20.

That SYN®-AKE ingredient supposedly “tenses and smoothes” skin while two other key ingredients, sodium hyaluronate and vitamin A, “hydrates and softens” and “stimulates collagen production” respectively.

Together, these ingredients are supposed, “…to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and retexture skin, whilst you sleep,” resulting in you waking up to, “…smoother looking skin with a renewed youthful glow.

And I actually did wake up with a glow-y face (and no, I don’t mean sweaty). The texture of my skin also looked great while I used this product. But did it look smoother? No.

Based on this product’s claims, I was hoping to wake up each morning to see minimal, or even no, fine lines on my forehead. But that wasn’t the case. Depending how hydrated my skin was, which depended more on how hydrated my body was, the depth of the lines varied from minimal to super-obvious.

Because of those results, I really have mixed feelings about this cream. On one hand, it did leave me with a fresh, bright complexion. On the other, it had no impact on my fine lines.

Another notable aspect of this cream is its texture. While I’ve been referring to this product as a cream, it’s not really a cream at all. Nor is it a gel or a serum, it’s more like glue, as odd as that sounds. It does feel a bit sticky when it’s first applied but that feeling quickly goes away as its rapidly absorbed into skin. It’s not actually a bad texture but it is different.

While I grabbed this product on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $19.99, it normally retails for a few dollars more. Its packaging is nothing special. It’s an open mouth jar, which I’m not a fan of, and a plain plastic one at that. There are no mixed feeling on that aspect of this item.

Would I buy this product again: I might though I’m curious to try other items first.

Should you buy this product: If you see it on sale, it’s worth picking up to try out. But don’t expect miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment