Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My August 2015 Topbox

Three full-sized products: That's what I received in this month's Topbox. I don't think I've ever received that many full-sized products in a monthly beauty box. And to make things ever better, this box contained two other, good-sized samples.

It also contained a nice range of products: face, nails, hair and two makeup items. That's a well-rounded box! Here's exactly what I got:

  • Model Co Shine Ultra Lip Gloss in Striptease (full-size)
  • Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser (small jar worth)
  • Benefit Cosmetics gimme brown in light/medium (full-size)
  • Ceramic Glaze Nail Lacquer in Mermaid's Tale (full-size) 
  • TRESemmé Waves Creation Sea Foam (deluxe sample size)

Only the first four products are mentioned on this month's description card. I take that to mean that the Sea Foam is a bonus product. It's also the item that I'm most looking forwards to trying out. I'm curious to see how it creates waves compared to Got2B's Beach Trippin' Salt Waving Spray, which I am still quite enjoying.

Though really, I'm looking forward to using all of these products with the exception of brow gel, which I am already familiar with. When I first opened this month's baggie, I thought that the bubblewrapped nail polish was not only a product that I'd already received but also a colour that I'd gotten in the past. It turns out that I was only half right.

While I have received Ceramic Glaze nail lacquer in a previous Topbox (though apparently I've never written a review of it), I don't have it in this terrific blue-green colour that has the loveliest, iridescent shine to it (sadly I couldn't capture a photo of it). This will definitely be the next polish that I'm putting on my nails and I'm happy to have received it, even if it sort of it a duplicate product.

The lip product and cleanser are also great items that I'm eager to try out. The latter retails for nearly $100 so I'm expecting big results from it.

I keep expecting Topbox to send me me a dud but nope, every month they meet or, in this case, exceed my expectations for a beauty subscription box. Here's to hoping that it keeps it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment