Monday, August 24, 2015

OGX Anti-Frizz Hydrating Oil

It's summer in Toronto and that means two things (besides bad traffic): Heat and humidity. Unlike some people out there, I love hot, sticky days however, I'm not a fan of what they do to my frizz-prone hair. So I was thrilled when last month, I discovered OGX's Anti-Frizz Hydrating Oil, which says right on the bottle that it "...repel(s) humidity."

OGX also says that this spray will create, "...a shimmering gloss to smooth texture," which will "...help make every day a 'good hair day.'"

While OGX attributes all these qualities to the oil's inclusion of kukui oil, "an ancient Hawaiian secret used for its humidity resistant abilities," I suspect that it's the silicone ingredients that are also in this product that are really doing the work. This oil does have a sweet, light scent to it so maybe that's due to the kukui oil? Or maybe it smells that way because this product does contain added fragrance.

So this isn't the most natural product; I personally have no issue with that. What I do have an issue with is that this oil did little to fight frizz. Okay, it was better than nothing but not by much. Within an hour of exposure to humid air, my frizzy crown was back in full force. This spray can also be used on dry hair and while a few sprays did result in a temporary smoothing, the frizz always came back (and I don't just mean a few rebellious hairs).

However, while this product might not have impacted my frizz, it did leave my hair soft and quite shiny. Did it make it as shiny as say, Moroccanoil? I'm not comfortable going so far as to say that but I was please with the shininess results.

What I will say is that OGX Anti-Frizz Hydrating Oil did leave my hair exceptionally manageable. This spray acted as a terrific de-tangler and made combing out wet hair a breeze. I was also happy to discover that while this is an "oil," it never left my hair greasy or heavy, even when I really layered it on (I thought maybe that I wasn't using enough to claim the frizzies).

I was also happy about the price. It retails for around $8 and that price will get you a simple though functional plastic spray bottle filled with product.

Would I buy this product again: No, I'd rather try something else.

Should you buy this product: It's low price makes it worth trying but don't expect frizz-fighting miracles from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment