Monday, February 8, 2016

Delectable Coconut & Cream Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream Review

Delectable is an off-shoot of Cake Beauty. I'm not exactly sure what the difference between the two companies is as both seem to have a focus on scented products that come in cute packaging.

I received a tube of the brand's Coconut & Cream Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream in a recent Topbox. Since then, I've been periodically using it on my hands and, in order to really test it out, my feet.

Delectable claims that this cream will deliver, "super-smooth, soft and nourished hands." It supposedly achieves these results because the cream, "is enriched with mango butter, shea butter and aloe vera to smooth, nourish and rejuvenate hand and cuticles."

I found that using this product did provide my hands and feet with an instant shot of hydration. My skin definitely felt softer, smoother and happier after I applied that product and much to my pleasure, that sensation lasted for hours. I got in the habit of applying the cream to my feet prior to going to sleep and in the morning, they still felt surprisingly soft. While this practice didn't actually eliminate dry skin from my feet (come night time, it was always back), it did temporarily address the problem.

Delectable also claims that this cream is "rich and never greasy." While this isn't the thickest or most luxurious cream I've used, its texture is on the rich side and it definitely felt like it was hydrating my skin. I completely agree with the "never greasy" claim as this product quickly absorbed into my skin and never left any kind of residue.

What it did leave was a faint, sweet scent that was devoid of coconut. As someone who's not a big fan of coconut (and all the hype about coconut oil just makes me dislike it more) this worked for me. The overall scent of this product is surprisingly light, considering that "coconut and cream" is in the name. Personally, I could have done with a bit more scent but I think most people will be satisfied with this product's current scent level.

Delectable offers this hand cream in three additional cream-themed scents, as well as in an unscented version, and sells it through such retailers as Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall and Loblaws for a very appropriate $12 or so. For that price you get packaging that is your basic squeeze tube but it works.

Would I buy this product: I can see myself buying this product though I think I'd pick it up the Vanilla & Cream version.

Should you buy this product: If you're looking for a lightly scent, effective hand cream, then yes, this product is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment