Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My February 2016 Topbox

My first Topbox of 2016 was fantastic so I had high hopes for what this month's box would bring. Unfortunately it's a bit of a let-down. While it does contain a couple Sephora-level brands, it only has one full-size product and it's a nail polish. Here's what I got:

  • Bliss Fabulous Drench 'n' Quench (0.17 oz)
  • Morgan Taylor Professional Nail Lacquer (full size in Later Alligator)
  • Nova Scotia Fisherman eXtreme Skin Care Sea Salt Soap (1 oz)
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Classic Primer (0.25 oz)

Of these four products, the only one that I'm actually interested in is the Bliss moisturizer as I have a patch of dry, flaky skin that's in need of a new source of hydration. I do though wish that the sample size was bigger.

I also wish that the nail polish was in a different colour. I'm not a fan of green polish in general and the shade I received is not one I would ever purchase. However, at least the polish brand is one that's new to me. I've never heard of Morgan Taylor before and I'm curious to try it out, though likely on my toes, so no one has to see the colour.

I'll also give the Nova Scotia Fisherman soap a shot even though I'm not a fan of bar soap (I find it messy and unhygienic to use). My experiences with this brand have been mixed so I really have no idea if this product will deliver on its nourishing claims.

The one item I won't be using will be the Smashbox primer. I've tried this product before and wasn't impressed with it. Instead, I'll pass it along to a friend who hopefully will have better success with it than I had.


No comments:

Post a Comment