Friday, February 19, 2016

Bioderma Hydrabio Lait Moisturising Cleansing Milk Review

I started off the year using Pur-lisse's Pur-delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser, which did a terrific job at cleaning my face while keeping it soft and moisturized. Just as it was running out, I received a full-sized bottle of Bioderma's Hydrabio Lait Moisturising Cleansing Milk in my January Topbox. What great timing! Unfortunately, this wasn't a great product.

According to Bioderma, using this cleanser results in, "skin immediately regain(ing) comfort, suppleness, and radiance." It supposedly achieves these results through "a patented complex (that) teaches the skin how to generate, in depth, and lock in, the moisture essential for its natural balance."

In non-marketing speak, that means that this cleanser should instantly improve my skin while increasing its hydration levels with repeated uses. But this isn't what happened.

Instead, my skin became visibly drier (as in flaking off) while using this product. Yes, the winter weather undoubtably played a role in this but if this product lived up to its claims, shouldn't it be "teaching" my skin to "generate" moisture?

It also wasn't that great at cleaning my face. While the Pur-lisse wash almost eliminated blackheads, clogged pores were back within days of using this product. Bioderma claims that this cleanser does double-duty by also being a makeup remover. But I found that when it came to removing mascara, I always had to use a separate makeup remover to clean my lashes.

As the name suggests, this cleanser has a milk-like texture that's thin and free of any lather. It washed off easily and completely, leaving my face with a clean feeling.

I did like this cleanser's scent. It's fresh and pleasant, sort of like lily-of-the-valley. It's probably the best aspect of this product though its inclusion does cancel out this product's sensitive skin claims.

The cleanser retails at around $22 and can be found at Murale. The packaging is nothing special, just your basic plastic squeeze bottle, but I do like the colour scheme.

Would I buy this product:
No.

Should you buy this product: No.

No comments:

Post a Comment