Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Silicone Is Your (Beauty) Friend

Now that I'm a mom I have joined several online mommy groups. I have a love/hate relationship with these groups as they can be extremely informative and useful. However, some of the posts just make my eyes roll and often those posts involve misinformation about "chemicals."

Just a reminder that our entire universe is made up of "chemicals." Yes, even beloved coconut oil is a "chemical."

One chemical that often gets bad press in the beauty product world is silicone, an ingredient that's found in everything from conditioner to primer. Today, while spending too much time on Twitter, I came across this link for "12 Silicone Myths Exploded." It's a great, and easy, read that anyone interested in beauty products, or who fears "chemicals," should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment