Wednesday, February 24, 2016

L'Oreal Color Radiance Review

Another month, another new shampoo/conditioner/leave-in treatment to test out. This time around the line is L'Oreal's Colour Radiance. While it consists of six products, I tried out the shampoo, the conditioner and a leave-in cream that's called Instant Miracle. These three products were supplied to me free of charge by Influenster, a product testing site.

Now, I need to also state that I only used all three product together so I can't comment on say, the individual cleaning power of the shampoo. But I can tell you that together, the three items worked nicely to give me strong, shiny hair.

A few days prior to receiving these products, I touched up my roots with an at-home touch-up kit. While I realize that's not quite the same as getting a fresh colour, I do think that my touch-up job does allow me to assess this line's impact on coloured hair.

And what is that impact? Great looking hair that's staying true to that touch-up colour. According to L'Oreal this line contains, "UV filters to protect and prolong coloured hair’s radiance." While the winter weather means that my hair isn't getting a lot of exposure to UVs, I do confidently agree with L'Oreal's claim that the conditioner "weightlessly detangles hair" and provides "long-lasting colour radiance." I also experienced L'Oreal's claim that this line would make my hair, "silky to the touch."

The Instant Miracle product is a leave-in cream that is suppose to provide "complete protective care that instantly conditions and revives the shine of your hair." Since I'm using all three products together, I can't point to this one and say, "Yep, it's the one that's bringing the shine" but I can say that together, this line made my hair noticeably shiny.

Unlike some leave-in treatments, the Instant Miracle never weighed down my hair. It also didn't leave it greasy looking or stiff.

I'm actually so pleased with the results of this line that I'm temporarily retiring these three products until I get my hair re-highlighted. Once that's done, I'll bust these items out again.

Both the shampoo and conditioner have a sweet, floral scent to them. It's a bit strong but it doesn't linger and personally I quite like it. The Instant Miracle however doesn't have much of a scent at all.

Like all L'Oreal hair products, this line is very well priced, retailing at $4-$7. The packaging is nothing special but it's functional.

Would I buy this product: Yes!

Should you buy this product: If you have coloured hair, yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment