Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My April 2016 Topbox

I've been subscribing to Topbox for over three (or maybe even four?) years now and for the first time ever, I've received a lipliner. I've been trying to figure out whether receiving this item means that lipliners are set to be the next contouring set or if I've just been lucky all these years and not received one of my least favourite makeup items.

Yes, I'm not a fan of lipliners. Yeah, I know, they have their purpose but whenever I use a lipliner, I look clownish and honestly, I don't find that they extend the life of my lip colour (plus they bring to mind that horrible dark-lipliner-light-lip colour look). So seeing this item in this month's box didn't bring a smile to my face. However, the rest of the box isn't bad. Here's what I got:


  • ORFA Cosmetics Lipliner in Wine (full size)
  • Pur~Lisse Blue Lotus 4~in~1 Eye Adore Serum (7ml)
  • Orofluido Beauty Elixir Hair Oil (full size)
  • Lise Watier SUBLIMESSENCE High Concentration Age-Defying Serum (3ml)
  • Schick Hydro Silk Razor
I'm most intrigued by the hair oil as I've never heard of the brand. Of course another leave-in hair product is the last thing I need but I don't care; I'm also up to try out a new item that promises "a pure luxuriance that envelops your hair." 

What I do need is a new anti-aging serum so I'm happy that I received the Lise Watier product; I plan on using it starting tonight. I'm also going to use the Pur~Lisse eye serum right away. One of the problem areas it fights is dark circles so here's to hoping that it delivers on its claims.

I don't need a new razor either but I certainly won't turn one down. I've actually tried this product before and while I found that it was okay, I didn't like it better than my Gillette Mach 3 razor. 


As for that lipliner, I will give it a shot. It's almost the exact same shade as my Teeez lipstick so that's rather convenient and will likely result in me using it at least a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment