Friday, April 15, 2016

Mèreadesso Tinted All-In-One Moisturizer Review

This is how small amounts of cream/lotion/gel
 products should be packaged
As a beauty blogger, I love deluxe-sized (aka travel size) samples. Sure, full-sized products are nice but they're also kind of wasteful, especially if the item's a dud. But while I'm good with samples, I hate when they come in a foil packets. They're messy, and can't be closed properly so air gets to the product, oxidization happens and the product goes bad. Unfortunately, foil packets seem to be the preferred way to offer samples of cream, lotion and gel products.

Thankfully, skin care company Mèreadesso sent the samples of its new Tinted All-In-One Moisturizer in an innovative packaging that is not only resealable and clean to use but also allowed me to squeeze out just the right amount. See the white, plastic cap in the image on the right? You just flip that open and then push on the surrounding packaging to squeeze the moisturizer through the small hole that's located under the cap. It's really a smart design and I hope it's one that more companies use, especially since it also lends itself to retail (Mèreadesso uses this packaging to sell travel-size versions of this items).

But while I absolutely love this product's travel-size packaging, I didn't really like anything else about it. According to Mèreadesso, this item does it all as it's a "all-in-one moisturizer, serum, primer, day cream and eye cream" that "also act(s) as a concealer that helps even out your skin tone." The result is supposedly a product that will let you, "Nourish your skin, cover your blemishes, and never worry about combining multiple products again."

I found that this product was basically an okay moisturizer/day cream/eye cream that was a poor excuse for a primer and concealer. It did feel nice on my skin and did provide some hydration though not enough to eliminate dry patches of skin. More notably is that it had no impact on blurring or covering any of my blemishes. Mèreadesso does state that this product has a "sheer formula" but adds that by applying more of it, "the richer the coverage gets."

I tried applying more (and more and more) and while coverage did increase, it was marginal and certainly didn't cover anything. It also faded quickly.

Mèreadesso's other big claim around this product is that it's easy to apply by hand and that claim I completely agree with. While this moisturizer does have a watery texture, it went on quickly and easily with my fingers. It's definitely the kind of product that you could apply without a mirror.

It's supposed to have a "naturally glowing finish" but I found that while the finish was "natural," it was more healthy and hydrated than "glowing" (but as someone who prefers matte skin, I'm good with this).

Made with, "16 botanical extracts, 8 minerals and enzymes, and over 20 antioxidants from around the world," I expected this product to have a herbal or spa-like scent to it. But instead I found that it smelled like Play-Doh. Yes, Play-Doh. It's not a pleasant scent, at least not to my nose, but thankfully it didn't linger.

This product retails for $48. For that price, you do get nice packaging that I suspect is as functional and smart as the sample packaging.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: No.

No comments:

Post a Comment