Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Dove Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo, Conditioner & Serum-in-Oil

Dove's new Regenerative Nourishment line arrived on my doorsteps courtesy of Influenster, a program that sends out, at no charge, new products to people who supposedly have some degree of online influence. In exchange for these free items, I need to try them and then post my honest opinions on each item's product page. So because of that, this review is formatted a little different than my regular posts.

Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo
Using the power of Red Algae and something called Keratin NutriComplex, Dove claims that this shampoo, "repairs the internal structure of damaged hair, helping it resist breakage and leaving it smooth and manageable." This shampoo also supposedly leaves hair strong with a "healthy look and feel."

I'm surprised that Dove doesn't mention how shiny this product, when used with the Regenerative Nourishment conditioner, leaves hair. My hair literally glistened after using these two products. It also looked and felt very healthy though I do wish that it had made my hair a bit smoother (sadly it did not tame my flyaways). It did though leave my hair very manageable. I normally need to use a leave-in serum to easily comb my hair after washing it but Regenerative Nourishment shampoo and conditioner left my strands so manageable that I could skip that step.

This shampoo also produced a nice amount of lather and had a subtle though pleasant scent.

Regenerative Nourishment Conditioner
Just like Regenerative Nourishment shampoo, this product is also made with Red Algae and Keratin NutriComplex. Together, these ingredients work to "instantly nourishes even extremely damaged hair, helping to correct signs of damage," leaving "hair strong, smooth and healthy looking."

Together with the shampoo, the product left me with soft, silky and yes, healthy-looking hair. As someone who regularly highlights her hair, I do consider my strands to be damaged so I'm the perfect person to use this line. It really did improve the look and feel of my hair, though I do wish it had done a bit of a better job at smoothing down my flyaways.

While this conditioner brought a lot of my hair, it never weighed it down and it washed out easily. This product also had a light, pleasant scent.

Regenerative Nourishment Serum-In-Oil
According to Dove, this leave-in treatment "combine(s) the nourishing power of an oil with the serum’s restorative qualities, to create one potent formula" that "instantly rescue(s) the healthy appearance of extremely damaged hair making it shiny and soft."

You can use this product on both wet and dry hair. I generally used it after I washed my hair and I was always pleased with the results: Glowing, healthy hair that was soft to the touch. But where those results because of this treatment or because of the shampoo and conditioner? There was only one way to find out: A split-head test, where half of my hair received the oil and the other half didn't.

Visually, the results were no different: the half that didn't receive the oil looked as lovely as the half that did get it. However, I did feel a difference. The hair that received the treatment did feel softer than the half that didn't get it.

This product is also supposed to, "strengthen and prevent split ends." When I applied it on dry hair, it did temporarily smooth down my split ends. However, after a bit, they re-appeared. I also didn't notice a decrease in my number of split ends while using this product.

Many leave-in treatments tend to weigh down hair or leave it greasy and gross if a touch too much product is applied. Thankfully, that wasn't the case with the Serum-in-Oil; my hair always looked light and clean while using this item. Its texture also isn't sticky or overly oily and its scent is fresh and minimal.

All Three Items
Like all Dove hair products, these items can be easily found in most drugstores and are reasonably priced, coming in at around $7 for the shampoo and conditioner and $8 for the serum. While the packaging is nothing exciting, it's functional and I didn't have any issues with leakage.

Would I buy these products: I would buy the shampoo and conditioner but not the serum.

Should you buy these products: The shampoo and conditioner are certainly worthy of your money. I'd skip the serum though unless softness is your main hair priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment