Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Hask Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Deep Conditioner Review

I love sunny, beach-y destinations so a product that claims to "give your hair a tropical vacation" sounds perfect to me. I'm also a sucker for anything to do with French Polynesia so I was intrigued by the fact that this "ultra-restorative treatment" contains Monoi oil, a Tahitian ingredient that "is known for its re-hydrating and softening qualities."

Hask states that this product will leave, "your hair nourished, moisturized and revived." Suitable for all hair types, it is "formulated to bring life back into your luscious-looking locks." This item is essentially a hair mask that you apply after washing your hair, in lieu of your usual conditioner. Hask instructs users to use this hair mask one-two times a week, leaving it on for at least 10 minutes.

I followed this routine and found that the Deep Conditioner delivered results that were nice but not spectacular. Now, to be fair, my hair was already in pretty good shape when I used this item and it didn't really need to be "revived." It did leave my hair feeling and looking soft and silky but it didn't have any visible impact on my split-ends nor did noticeably change my hair's shininess.

One result I did clearly noticed was that it left my hair very manageable after using the mask. Combing my hair out was a breeze, as was pulling my wet, conditioned hair into a bun.

As you would expect, this product has a creamy texture and feels quite luxurious when you apply it. But while it has a thick texture, it washes out cleanly and easily. It also smells great. While I'm not a coconut fan, I didn't mind the lighter, sweeter scent of coconut and cream and that's what this product smells like. Think less island and more dessert.

This product retails for $2.99 for one 50g package. Even though I was applying a generous amount of the mask, one package lasted me for several weeks. But while that was a nice surprise, I was not a fan of the packaging, which is basically a waterproofed-paper envelope.

The Deep Conditioner is free of "sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, drying alcohol and artificial colors," making it safe to eat for those of you with a gluten sensitivity.

Would I buy this product: Nah; it's not bad but it didn't add anything to my beauty routine.

Should you buy this product: Feel free to give it a shot but don't expect miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment