Friday, July 1, 2016

Bioderma Sébium AKN Review

I was absolutely thrilled when a received a full-size sample of Bioderma's Sébium AKN, a "smoothing and purifying treatment that biologically prevents the appearance of mild to moderate blemishes" in my May Topbox. According to Bioderma, this lotion "correct wrinkles and imperfections in a single step," making it the dream product that my aging, combination skin has been looking for.

Using some well-established ingredients including AHA and salicylic acid, this serum supposedly "resorbs blackheads" and "limits the appearance of pimples" while smoothing skin's texture and reviving its radiance. Sounds perfect to me.

Unfortunately, within days of using this lotion, my skin broke out. Prior to using it, my face had been almost blemish-free. That quickly changed, particularly on my forehead, which erupted with multiple small, red bumps.

At first I thought maybe I just had to give the lotion more time to work. So I kept using it, every night and many mornings, for almost a month. My skin did calm down a bit but it was still in rougher shape than before I started using this product. I also didn't notice a decrease in blackheads, my skin didn't look or feel smoother and it definitely didn't look more radiant. And as for correcting wrinkles, yeah, no change there either.

I also wasn't a fan of this product's texture. While I agree with Bioderma's claim that it is "light, non-greasy, non-stick," I disagree with the company's claim that the lotion "moisturizes and guarantees extreme comfort of use." I found that it had minimal, if any, impact on my skin's hydration level. I did though find that it had a tendency to stay on the surface of my skin and "ball up" if I applied just a touch too much. Because of that, using makeup over this lotion was sometimes a disaster.

The only aspect of this product that I liked was its container. It's packaged in a sleek squeeze tube that protects the lotion from air and bacteria while also providing easy access to the lotion.

Bioderma Sébium AKN retails for $20-something, depending on where you purchase it from. But personally I wouldn't buy it even if it was a quarter of that price.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: No.

No comments:

Post a Comment