Tuesday, August 9, 2016

bellápierre Cosmetics Waterproof Gel Lip Liner Review

This is going to be a shorter than usual review because unfortunately, I can't find my bellápierre Cosmetics Waterproof Gel Lip Liner. I swear I had put it in one particular bag but I can't it in there and that's a real shame because this might be the first ever lip liner that I actually like.

I received this item as a bonus in my July Topbox and at first I was like, "Hmmm... Another lip liner? I still haven't reviewed the other lip liner they sent me." But I liked the colour so I decided to give it a shot.

Prior to receiving this liner, I'd never heard of bellápierre Cosmetics. It turns out that it's a US company that "...is one of the fastest growing mineral makeup companies in the world." Personally, I'm indifferent to mineral makeup but some people swear by it. If you're one of those people, you probably want to take a closer look at this brand.

I wish I could take a closer look at the lip liner in order to see if it really is waterproof and "lasts all day." While I did wear it multiple times, I have to admit that I wasn't watching how long it was lasting (I thought I'd have more time with the pencil).

What I can say is that it did indeed have a "creamy texture" that did "glide on effortlessly." This product was like applying silk, really precise silk. I've never been able to outline my lips as easily as I did with this liner.

bellápierre Cosmetics notes that this product can also be used as all-over lip and I did do that. The results were fantastic and so great that I decided to take this liner into the outside world with me.

The liner I received was in Cinnamon, a plum shade that had just the right amount of brown in it. It was a very flattering colour on me and one that was perfect for every day wear. Three other shades are also available and while none of them are flashy, all of them appear to be quite practical.

This product retails for $18 though unfortunately I can't find it available through a Canadian retailer. Maybe that will change soon? The packaging is nothing special though this liner can be sharpened with any standard pencil sharper, which is a nice touch.

Would I buy this product: No but only because I don't want to go through the hassle and cost of buying something from a US retailer.

Should you buy this product:
If you spot it in stores, yes! And then tell me where you found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment