Thursday, September 22, 2016

My September 2016 Topbox

It finally arrived! My September 2016 Topbox should have been shipped out last Friday, the 15th day of the month. Often I receive my box on the 15th but not this month; instead it showed up yesterday afternoon. But I'm not upset because for one thing, all subscribers received late boxes (and really, two-three days behind schedule is nothing). The other reason is that this month, I, like all Topbox members, didn't just receive my usual Topbox,  I also got a Unilever box that was packed with stuff.

Here's what was in my Topbox:
  • Boo Bamboo Hair Strengthening Shampoo (15 ml)
  • Boo Bamboo Hair Strengthen And Shine Conditioner (15 ml)
  • BVspa by Bon Vital’ Body Lotion (50 ml)
  • Delectable Everything Balm (7 ml)
  • Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation (5 ml)
And here's what was in my Unilever box:

  • Vaseline Lip Therapy (17 g)
  • St. Ives Apricot Scrub (30 ml)
  • Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash (53 ml)
  • Nexxus Therappe Replenishing System Shampoo (89 ml)
  • Nexxus Humectress Replenishing System Conditioner (89 ml)
  • Nexxus Comb Thru Finishing Mist (42.4 g)
  • TRESemmé Extra Hold Hair Spray (43 g)
  • Vaseline Intensive Care Dry Skin Repair (100 ml)
  • Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes (7 wipes)
  • Degree Dry Sense Deodorant (full-size can)
In regards to my Topbox, it's not my best box of the year but it's not a bad one. It does contain two lotion/moisturizer products but I happen to need those so I'm okay with that. And while shampoo and conditioner aren't the most exciting products, I've never tried a product containing bamboo extract before so I am interested in trying the Boo Bamboo line out. 

Then there is the Make Up For Ever foundation. Normally I would be quite excited to receive an item like this but, since I already have a bottle, it's not exactly intriguing. Still, I am happy that I was sent this item since it's a travel-size version of a product that I do really like and use regularly. 

Now onto the Unilever box. While it does have more products than my Topbox, it's a bit duller. There's nothing in it that I'm excited to try out and the only item that I'm slightly intrigued by is the Degree deodorant. I've never used a spray-on deodorant before so that's something that's new to me.

All that being said, I will use most of the items in this box though some, like the facial wipes and the shampoo and conditioner, will likely join the MUFE foundation in my box of travel products. I likely won't use the hair spray or finishing mist as I already have plenty of hair spray (including one bottle from TRESemmé). But yeah, the rest I'll use and I suspect that most recipients of this box will also end up using the Unilever items they were sent.

If anyone from Topbox or Unilever (or a similar corporation) is reading this, I hope that I'm not sounding ungrateful about the second box. While it might not be as glossy and shiny as my Topbox, I am happy that I received it and I do think that it's a great way to promote specific brands to beauty product junkies. It was definitely a fun surprise and another reason for me to keep up my Topbox subscription.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment