Friday, April 14, 2017

Bella Aura Skincare Gentle Purifying Cleanser & Daily Repair Moisturizer Review

I've been meaning to write a review about Bella Aura's Skincare Gentle Purifying Cleanser and Daily Repair Moisturizer for weeks now but these two products are so boring that it's taken me forward to motivate myself to write about them.

At first glance the Bella Aura brand sounds like it has a lot of potential. The company has created five "...multi-purpose products that are suitable for all skin types" that contain "...four ancient beauty elixirs used for centuries for their radiance-boosting properties: Fig de Barbary, Argan, Neroli and Nigella." I've tried two of those products though at different times as they made their way into my hands via separate Topboxes. Maybe if I'd used them simultaneously the results would have been more impressive?

Let's start with the cleanser, which I used once or twice a day for about a week. According to Bella Aura, this "pure and gentle emulsion" contains a host of great-sounding ingredients including: vitamins E,B and C; essential fatty acids and various botanical oils. Together, these items "...purify and detox..." and "...exfoliate, replenish and protect the skin’s moisture barrier..." resulting in "...stronger healthier looking skin."  

I don't completely disagree with all of those claims. This is definitely a gentle cleanser; it didn't irritate my skin and it never over-dried it. It was almost okay at cleaning it. Sure, I had to bust out the makeup remover to take off waterproof mascara and glittery eyeshadow but lots of cleansers need that extra help.

But this cleanser never took things to the next level. It didn't clean out my pores, it didn't prevent or fight blemishes or fine lines and it never really left my skin glowing. Instead, it left me with superficially clean skin that looked okay.

The same can be said of the moisturizer. Belle Aura claims that the vitamin, fatty acids and oil rich formula "...dramatically improves skin hydration" resulting in a "...younger, smoother and healthier looking glow." It also supposedly minimizes  "...the look of dullness and fine, dry lines."

I applied this cream directly to my fine lines and you know what happened to those lines? Nothing. I kept applying it to those lines, at least once a day for three-four weeks and you know what happened? Nothing.

Okay, this product didn't do absolutely nothing. It did keep dry skin at bay and it did leave my skin feeling fairly soft. But just like with the cleanser, I never felt wowed by this product. It was always just kinda there, doing something but not enough to justify purchasing it.

Besides boring me, I also didn't like how these items smelled. While each product does have its own distinctive scent, both are quite herbal-ly and not in that pleasant, spa-like way. Thankfully it's not a scent that lingers.

My samples were packaged in aluminum tubes that flaked paint. Hopefully the full-sized products have better quality packaging. They certainly should given their high price: The cleaner retails for $45 while the moisturizer is $90. No, that's not a typo; this stuff is pricey. That's probably the most interesting aspect of it.

Would I buy these products: No.

Should you buy these products: No.  


No comments:

Post a Comment