Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Make Up For Ever Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick Review

A couple months ago photos of Make Up For Ever's new Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick started popping up in my Instagram feed. While I usually go for glossy lip products since I have pencil-thin mouth, I couldn't help but be captivated by the results this product was creating: They were so different and so pretty. When MUFE gave me the chance to try out three, free Artist Liquid Matte lipsticks I immediately jumped at the chance.

According to MUFE, this lipstick is, "A long wearing & transfer-proof matte liquid lip colour that provides high coverage with a comfortable texture." While I didn't find this product to be 100 per cent transfer-proof, the rest of this sentence is completely accurate.

MUFE is known for creating highly pigmented products and this lipstick contains that tradition. One swipe gets you colour that saturates your lips with the colour you see in the tube. The company is also known for makeup that stays in place and again, this lipstick shines in that area. While it did mostly came off while I ate a whole meal, it didn't budge while snacking, drinking and kissing. This is definitely one of those rare lip products that you can apply in the morning and then not worry about for hours.

But perhaps the most impressive aspect of this lipstick is not only how matte it is but how attractive that matte finish looks. I've tried matte lip colours before and the results were always disappointing; I recall one product (which sadly I didn't review) looking and feeling like I was wearing foundation on my lips. But Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick looks and feels like a really nice lipstick that just happens to also be matte.

Packaged in a sleek, plastic tube, this lipstick also comes with a sponge tip applicator that allows for easy and precise application. It does look like it should have a goopy texture but don't be fooled; this lipstick is surprisingly light and silky.

Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick comes in six shades that all run towards the practical side. I requested my freebies in three shades: 101 (Cream Beige), 103 (Warm Beige) and 105 (Rosewood). I quite like the first two shades, both of which look very natural on me. But 105 looks a bit too grayish on my pale complexion and no, not in that trendy way. I have though seen this colour on people with less translucent skin and it does look flattering on them.
The combination of super-natural colour (at least with 101 and 103) and a matte finish results in a lipstick that lets me successfully overdraw my lips. Usually overdrawing leaves me looking like a clown but with this lipstick I can finally get full lips that look like maybe they are my own.

The only downside I found with this product is one that I've encountered with other matte lip products: It shows every line and speck of dry skin. You definitely want to make sure your lips are well conditioned before applying this lipstick. If you need some help in that department, check out Make Up For Ever's Ultra HD Lip Booster.

Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick retails for $25 at Sephora, a very fair price given the results.

Would I buy this product: Yes though I don't think I'll need to for a long time since a little of this lipstick goes a long way.

Should you buy this product: If you want matte lips then yes, you'll want to buy this lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment