Thursday, June 22, 2017

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Skin Booster Review

For the first time ever, I'm reviewing a Make Up For Ever product after I've completely used it up. I received my free bottle of MUFE's Ultra HD Skin Booster back in early May and immediately started using it once or twice a day. Roughly a month later, it was all gone, which really surprised me since MUFE products tend to last forever.

Maybe I went through this one so quickly because I really wanted it to work and so I used a lot of it, hoping maybe that was the trick to making it transform my face. Unfortunately, this "hydra-plumping serum" didn't work the magic that I was hoping it would do.

That's not to say that it didn't work at all. According to MUFE, "Skin looks healthy, plumper and complexion is more luminous," while using this serum. And my skin did. With just a couple drops of this clear, ordorless product, my skin instantly looked brighter and almost perkier.

But while there was definitely some kind of plumping effect, it wasn't enough to visibly hide my hated forehead lines. To be fair, MUFE makes no promises about how this serum will impact fine lines so I can't really complain. But I was really, really hoping that this would be The One, the product that I could turn to make those horrid squiggles disappear, at least temporarily.

I also found that this serum didn't have any kind of long-term impact on my skin's hydration levels. While it did dispatch mild patches of dry skin, this "fix" was generally temporary. It also didn't prevent new patches of flaky skin from forming. But again, MUFE doesn't make any claims about this serum solving one's dry skin woes. Instead, it positions this product as something that professional makeup artists turn to when they did give their clients' skin a quick and noticeable boost.

MUFE states that this serum can be used alone or mixed in with another product like your primer or foundation. I used both methods and was pleased to see that this serum really did along nicely with any product that I added to it. With its water-like texture, this serum went on easily without any kind of film or shine, just a nice healthy glow.

Skin Booster retails for $51, which isn't an outrageous price for a serum; you can certainly spend a lot more for a product that delivers a lot less. That price does get you a fantastic piece of packaging. The serum is contained in a sleek glass bottle that uses a stopper-like delivery system that protects its contents from contamination while letting you access just the right amount of product. It's really a smart, and attractive, design that I hope I see more often.

Would I buy this product: No, it just didn't deliver the results I wanted.

Should you buy this product: If you want something to instantly brighten your skin and that's a breeze to use, this is your serum.

No comments:

Post a Comment