Monday, June 19, 2017

My June 2017 Topbox

Last week was a good week: I landed a writing assignment for a big-name magazine (yes, one that pays), the weather was gorgeous and my June Topbox arrived. While it only contained four items, three of them are all products that are both new to me and useful. Here's what ended up in my mailbox this month:
  • belif The True Cream - Aqua Bomb (10 ml)
  • ESTATE Cosmetics Lip Crayon in Sweeter Season (full size)
  • Elizabeth Arden Prevage City Smart Double Action Detox Peel Off Mask (7 ml)
  • Joico Blond Life Brightening Mask (50 ml)
While I do already have more hair masks that any one human could possibly need, I still was happy to see the Joico mask because it's specifically about keeping, "...blondes bright and on-tone." I don't have anything like that even though my blond hair could definitely use something to perk up its colour while toning down some brassiness. While not a full-sized product, this sample is on the generous side, which makes it even better.

I do wish that both the Prevage and True Cream samples were bigger because both of these face products sound amazing. The mask promises to deliver "... both immediate and long-term detoxifying results" by "...gently lift(ing) away dirt and oil to gently resurface skin." But since the full-sized version of this item is nearly $100, I can understand why the sample's on the small side.

The face moisturizer also isn't cheap, coming in at nearly $50. This "instantly hydrating, lightweight gel cream" promises to boost my skin's hydration levels by 18 per cent. That number doesn't seem that high, which makes me think it might actually be accurate and that this cream might really work. I'll likely be working it into my routine this week.

And that leaves us with the lip crayon, the only disappointing item in this month's box. I swear, I have at least half-a-dozen lip pencils that have arrived in my life all through Topbox and I don't use a single one of them regularly. I know that you can request that Topbox not send you any perfume samples; I wonder if I can do the same with lip pencils?

This latest one has a mauve tone to it that just doesn't work for me so look for it soon up on the BUNZ trading app; I'm under @lindsayjaykay 

No comments:

Post a Comment