Tuesday, August 29, 2017

belif The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb Review

I really, really wanted to love this moisturizer. Made by Korean skincare company belif, True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb started off with lots of promise. Unfortunately, it didn't quite deliver.

Using Comfrey leaf, "a powerful hydrating agent," this product "...literally wraps the skin with comfort, supplying moisture without dryness and tightness for hours," says belif. The company also calls this a "26-hour moisturizing cream" and points to a clinical trial involving 20 people who found, "...that their hydration retention increased by 13 percent 24 hours after the moisturizing balm was applied." That all sounds wonderful; too bad I didn't experience it.

Instead, I experienced a cream that did, at least initially, seem to "bomb" my skin with hydration. I loved the cool, gel-like texture of this product and was impressed with how cleanly it absorbed. Within seconds of applying it, my skin felt healthier and it did look a little plumper. It was also free of any shine, residue or lingering scent. But while things started off great, they didn't stay that way.

Within an hour or two, that healthy feeling was gone and any dry patches were back. Besides having zero long-term impact on ridding my face of dry skin, it also didn't prevent new patches from appearing. While there's no denying that this cream feel amazing on my skin, it didn't appear to actually deliver any kind of meaningful hydration, even after I used it one-to-twice daily for over two weeks. (I deliberately applied the cream to just my forehead, nose and under-eye area to make my Topbox deluxe sample last longer.)

I also didn't find any evidence of this product's other claims. According to belif, this cream "...hydrates the skin while controlling and absorbing oil where needed." While it did go on with a no-shine finish, it didn't have any kind of lasting mattefying effect. This item also supposedly, "...delays the initial stage of aging with its antioxidizing, calming and anti-blemish properties." My skin doesn't need calming so I can't comment on that but I can safely say that this product didn't prevent blemishes nor did it have any obvious impact on my fine lines.

Moisturizing Bomb can be found alongside many other Korean skincare products at The Face Shop, where it retails for $47. It's free of mineral oil and synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives but does contain animal products. It also doesn't have the greatest packaging since it uses an open-mouth jar, which is problematic as it allows easy access to the cream by air, dirt and oily fingers.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: Pass on it, especially given the high price.

No comments:

Post a Comment