Friday, September 1, 2017

Barefoot Venus Sugar Leaf Green Tea Body Wash Review

I love a highly scented product, assuming of course the smell is one that I find attractive. Scent is one of those areas that is very, very subjective and what works for one person (and her body chemistry) might make someone else queasy (that's why there are so many different perfumes out there). Scent is also a big part of many Barefoot Venus products. Unfortunately for me, its Sugar Leaf Green Tea body wash isn't one of them.

I shouldn't have been surprised; green tea isn't exactly a heavily scented food. Still, I was disappointed when I squeezed some of this product out and found that it had a very light scent. Okay, so that scent possess a sugary note but it wasn't a very strong smell and it disappeared before I stepped out of the shower.

Though it's light on scent, this wash does contain shea butter and extracts of White Pine Bark, Green Tea, Ginseng, Bearberry and Licorice while being free of parabens, propylene glycol, mineral oil and synthetic colour. According to Barefoot Venus this, "mild plant-derived wash creates a rich, luxurious lather that cleans without stripping or drying," leaving skin "silky soft."

While this shower gel did do a perfectly serviceable job at cleansing my skin, I didn't notice it having any kind of remarkable moisturizing properties. My skin was soft but not "silky soft." I also wasn't wowed by its lathering abilities. Actually, I was kind of disappointed since I was expecting a wave of lather but instead ended up with barely any suds.

At least this product is packaged nicely, with the large (eight ounce) size coming in an attractive pump bottle. The $17 price tag is a bit high but not outrageous.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: I wouldn't recommend seeking it out but if you come across in say, a discount bin, pick it up. It's not a bad product but it's not a great one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment