Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Color Paint Review

Make Up For Ever released its Aqua XL Colour Paint waterproof shadow months ago but I'm just getting around to reviewing my free sample (thanks MUFE!) now. While I've only been using it for a short period of time, I'm completely confident that it has vaulted itself into being one of my favourite eye shadows.

"This waterproof shadow glides on effortlessly to bring instant colour intensity," boasts MUFE and I completely agree. The gel-like texture of this shadow makes it a breeze to apply and blend. And while it can deliver a bright blast of colour, MUFE also notes that,"...the finish can range from light to high coverage." My sample was in Lustrous Khaki, an attractive brown-gold shade that had just the right amount of shine to it. While wearing the colour at its full intensity was a bit much for just hanging around the splash pad with my toddler, I could easily apply just a smidge and get a noticeable but subtle splash of colour.

MUFE's other big claim for this line is that, "Aqua XL Color Paint stays all day long" and that it is, "Crease-proof and extra-long lasting." I found that this was pretty accurate if I was wearing a lot of this shadow. For example, on Saturday I wore this product at its full colour intensity to a wedding. I applied it early afternoon and when I got home around midnight, my eye makeup looked no different than it had hours earlier. There was no creasing, no smudging, nothing other than great-looking eye makeup.

But when I would wear just a touch of this product, it did notice that some of it would slowly migrate to the creases of my eyes. But there was always some colour on my lids and it never ended up anywhere else on my face so right there this product is already miles ahead of most other eye shadows. I have no problems will a bit of product in my eye creases if that means I get a super easy-to-use shadow that lets me vary its intensity and stays in place when it really matters.

MUFE offers this shadow in 20 colours and a range of finishes. While there are the browns, greys and flesh tones that you would expect, since this is MUFE several vivid colours like turquoise, bright yellow and an even bright pink, are also available.


The shadows are packaged in sleek squeeze tubes that are perfect at dispensing just the right amount of product while also keeping it safe from the air and dirty fingers/makeup brushes. These tubes contain just under 5ml of shadow, which should last you for months, or longer. It's actually quite a bit of product in one tube and because of that, I wish that MUFE offered a mini-version of the its Color Paints. At $31 a tube, I can't afford to buy that many, especially if I'm not going to regularly use a certain colour. But if I could buy half the amount of shadow at say, $15 a tube, or even a smaller amount for less, then I would pick up Lustrous Dark Blue.

Would I buy this product: Yes but which shade will I get next? Maybe Iridescent Pink Beige?

Should you buy this product: Yes! While it's pricey, it's worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment