Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Shu Uemura Porefinist Anti-shine Fresh Cleansing Oil Review

Will the third time be the charm when it comes to me using a Shu Uemura cleaning oil? I've previously used the brand's the Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle cleansing oil, as well as its Anti-oxi Skin Refining cleansing oil, and neither product really did it for me. Would the company's Porefinist Anti-shine Fresh cleansing oil be any different?

According to Shu Uemura, this is an "incredibly lightweight cleansing oil that leaves the skin clean, fresh and refined." With a new formula that contains cinnamon bark extract, it supposedly "regulates sebum secretion day after day."

My deluxe-sized sample lasted me for almost three weeks, used twice-a-day most days and yes, I followed the proper two-step process to washing my face with a cleaning oil. My results were not as impressive as I had hoped they would be.

While this cleansing oil was "water-like," I did not find that it went, "beyond make-up removal to dissolve and wash away excess sebum and blackheads that are stuck inside pores." Yes, it did wash off my everyday makeup but it couldn't completely cut it when it came to washing off say, my Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Ink Liner.  It also had no-to-minimal impact on my blackheads, whiteheads and any other blemishes.

As its name suggests, this product is also supposed to fight shine. Says Shu Uemura, "Shine is blotted and open pores appear shrunken." It definitely washed off any shine that was on my face but I didn't notice an impact on my shine levels beyond that. And unfortunately it did nothing for my pore size.

But I do agree that this oil left "no pulled or parched feeling after cleansing." I also noticed that I didn't experience as many dry patches while using this product, so that was nice.

While this is an oil, it washed off easily and cleanly. It also felt even luxurious and while the two-step process wasn't quick, it was kind of a nice way to start off and end the day. Cleansing oils don't seem to be for me but I can see the appeal.

However, I can't get behind this product, particularly since it's $84 a bottle. For that price I want a product that wows and this one is just okay. At least it's packaged appropriately in a practical pump bottle.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: If you've had success in the past with cleansing oils and you're looking to splurge on your skincare routine, then pick this item up. But skip it if you're looking for miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment