Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Elizabeth Arden Lasting Impression Mascara Review

I have found my new favourite mascara. Elizabeth Arden's Lasting Impression Mascara arrived in my life last month via my November Topbox and for the past few weeks, it has been my go-to mascara for both day and night.

According to Elizabeth Arden, "this high impact mascara captures every last lash to separate and define for a never ending lash look." Using a "unique brush with five iconic spheres," it claims to deliver lashes that are, "Clump proof. Smudge proof. Flake free." It also features a formula that contains, "ceramides for strong, healthier lashes" as well as vitamin C and avocado and olive oils that supposedly, "condition lashes and help seal moisture for a defined, silky lash look."

Those are a lot of claims and I can't disagree with a single one. Okay, I don't know if this product is actually making my lashes any healthier but they certain feel and look healthy, happy and most importantly, long and lush.

I love how this mascara visibly added ample length to my lashes while thoroughly separating them. While volume and curl aren't the focus of this product, it does add both of those qualities, creating lashes that are pretty, even flirty, but still quite looking natural. The formula also didn't budge once it was on my lashes, where it coated them with an attractive shade of black (a brown colour is also available).

I also love how this mascara is a breeze to apply. Elizabeth Arden claims that, "The rich and creamy formula glides on and coats lashes for a smooth and even application" and I completely agree. I never had to pull out the eyelash comb to separate my lashes with this mascara; it consistently delivered a smooth, clump-free application.

Two coats of this product are perfect for daytime wear but if I wanted to amp up the drama a bit, another coat or two could easily be applied and would add just the right amount of volume, without getting messy. This product isn't a replacement for false lashes but it does work nicely when you want lashes with some "oomph" but don't want the hassle of falsies.

But the best aspect of this product is that it never made me have to deal with the dreaded (to me) spider lashes while I used it. Instead my lashes were always fanned out and full, just like I prefer.

As I mentioned above, this mascara stays in place and that means it doesn't wash off easily. To get it off fully requires a proper makeup remover (even a long, hot shower doesn't fully do the trick). But I'm okay with that since it means that this mascara doesn't end up smeared or flaked over my face.

I'm also okay with the rather high price: $32 at Shoppers Drug Mart's Beauty Boutique. Yeah, it's expensive but this mascara is worth every penny.

Would I buy this product: Yes; this mascara is fantastic.

Should you buy this product: This one's an easy yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment