Thursday, December 14, 2017

My December 2017 Topbox

We're finishing off the year with a Topbox that I give a B+. It's not amazing, and the lone full-sized product is a nail polish, but the other three items are all deluxe-sample size and all four items are things that I will use. So good but not amazing. Here's what I got this month:

  • MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash mascara (6ml)
  • Wella EIMI Dry Me Dry Shampoo (39.9g)
  • Nena Clay Mask (30g)
  • Morgan Taylor nail polish in Rebel With A Cause (full size)
While I'm loving the Elizabeth Arden mascara (reviewing coming next week) that I received in November's Topbox, I'm curious to check this item out. MAC usually creates top quality items so I have high hopes for this mascara, particularly when it comes to delivering drama. 

I'm also quite curious about the clay mask. I'm always up for trying out a new face mask so I'm pleased that this item made its way into this month's box. I've never heard of Nena (NENA?) before nor have I ever used a product that contains "pure Canadian glacier oceanic clay."

But I am quite familiar with dry shampoos. Will this Wella product stack up against the others I've tried? I guess I'll find out. While I'm actually well-stocked right now on dry shampoos, I know that I'll use this item, eventually.

And that leaves us with the nail polish. Topbox always thoroughly wraps any nail polishes in bubblewrap so when I first pulled this item out of my Topbox baggie, I knew I'd received a polish but didn't know the colour or brand. I whispered, "Please don't be Essie" to myself as I fought my way past the bubblewrap. Then I smiled when I discovered that I was holding a Morgan Taylor polish (worth $16!) in a very pretty colour. Rebel With A Cause is a gorgeous dark purple shade that is packed with sparkle. While I'm be using each and every item in this month's box, I'm positive that the first product I'll be using in the nail polish

No comments:

Post a Comment