Wednesday, December 6, 2017

LARITZY Silicone Makeup Blender Review

So many products to review and so little time. I've been busy writing real articles, for real money (check out my portfolio here if you're interested in hiring me) as well as dealing with the usual holiday busyness so I haven't been posting here as much I should have been; especially considering my stockpile of products. So let's try to get back into the beauty reviewing groove with something quick and easy.

While I love foam beauty blenders, I've been curious about silicone makeup blenders since they first popped up several months ago. (Or was it over a year ago? I can't keep track anymore.) I like how, unlike a normal beauty blender, the silicone version can't absorb any product. And I really, really like how sanitary this new product is. I'll admit that I do not wash my brushes and blenders as often as I should but I think I could keep a silicone blender nice and clean. All it requires is a bit of water, a squirt of soap and then it air dries within hours.

I received my first-ever silicone blender in my November Topbox. According to LARITZY, this gel-based product allows you to "blend like a pro." Yeah, I didn't experience that. It was okay at applying foundation, something that doesn't really require precision, but it didn't do a very good job when it came to say, applying a highlighter or concealer. Did it get the product on my face? Sure. Did it allow me to put my makeup exactly where I wanted it? Not exactly. I also found that it didn't let me blend as smoothly or as thoroughly as my old beauty blender.

For a product that feels and looks so smooth and sleek, I found this blender to be kinda clunky to use.

At least it was a breeze to clean and it didn't absorb any makeup. Of course I still ended up wasting product because I was used to squirting a certain amount out and once it's out, you can't exactly put it back in. But I assume that the more I use this blender, the better I'll get at using just the right amount of makeup.

And I do plan on using this item but only for one purpose: Applying my foundation. For all other products, I'll be using my brushes, old-style blender or even my fingers.

This blender retails for $14 and as far as I can tell, it can only be purchased online.

Would I buy this product: While I didn't love this blender, it does do the job for foundation and it is so easy to clean. So yes, I would buy it but only for use with foundation.

Should you buy this product: I can get behind using a silicone blender for foundation but I say that it will be replacing your regular brushes and beauty blenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment