Friday, December 8, 2017

MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream Review

My November Topbox was one of the best one I received all year in part because it contained a nice sized sample of MAC Cosmetics' Strobe Cream. While this isn't a new product, it was my first time using it and now I'm wishing that I'd discovered it years ago because it's quickly become something I turn to at least once a week.

According to MAC this cream, "Brightens and clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants." It's also, "Super-powered with potent botanicals" as well as "nutritious vitamins and a mega-dose of green tea" to boost "the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin."

This cream can be used a few different ways. I found that applying it straight to my bare skin, or mixing it in with my moisturizer, left me with a face that was too glow-y for my taste (it also showed off my pores more than I liked). But someone with better skin could get away with this approach.

I also mixed it in with my foundation, where it did indeed fight dull, flat and tired-looking skin but without highlighting my flaws or being too shiny. I can see myself using this technique in the depth of winter, when my skin gets a bit dehydrated.

But my favourite way of using Strobe Cream was over top of my foundation, to highlight around my eyes as well as on my cheeks. Here it added just the right amount of pop. It wasn't too showy or attention-grabbing but it did add interest and dimension.

It helps that this cream is super-simple to use and played nicely with any other makeup that I used it with. It easily blended over my eyeshadow and foundation and seamlessly mixed into with whatever I paired it with. I also didn't need a lot to achieve the look that I wanted.

Like most (all?) MAC products, this one has a substantial price tag, costing $40 for one 50ml tube. However, that container should last you a nice, long chunk of time. While I tried the original shade (pinklite), this product comes in four other shades that MAC says you can layer. I'm not sure how that would look but it could be fun.

Would I buy this product: Yes! Though in all honestly, I'm going to look for a dupe at Sephora since I have a gift card for that store.

Should you buy this product: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment