Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Life Brand Exfoliating Foot Mask Review

Last January I tried out Look Beauty's Feetreat Pedi Exfoliating foot mask. It was a huge disappointment as the mask failed to do much of anything, let alone give me the baby smooth feet I was after. Clearly having not learned my lesson when it comes to foot masks, I decided to start this year off with another one, this time made by Shopper Drug Mart's Life brand.

The mask looked promising. According to the packaging, it uses "AHA, salicylic acid and lime caviar extract" to "help remove dead skin cells, revealing a new layer of skin and improved skin texture." While I don't know much about "lime caviar" other than that it's a fruit, AHA and salicylic are ingredients that could indeed deliver the baby smooth feet that I'm after.

The application of this foot mask was very similar to the previous one. First you put on little plastic booties and then you pour in the skin-dissolving solution. "Peppermint oil and sugar cane provide a revitalizing finish to this spa-like experience" boosts this product but while the solution did smell lovely, there's nothing spa-like about having to sit around for 20 minutes with plastic bags on your feet.

Things started off promising. The cool liquid made my feet feel tingly and even a bit uncomfortable (though never painful). It really felt like it was doing something. After I rinsed it off, I immediately noticed some mild peeling on the roughest areas of my feet. Then over the next few days, the top of my feet felt itchy, sometimes uncomfortably so. But that just meant that my feet were preparing to shed all their dead skin, right?

According to the back of the package, "Approximately 3-7 days after use, peeling will occur and may continue for 3-5 days." On day three, I noticed that the callus-y parts of my soles were starting to shed a bit of skin. This continued on day four and I thought, "This is it, here comes baby smooth feet." Unfortunately I was wrong.

Instead nothing else happened. There was no more itching, no more shedding and definitely nothing that could constitute peeling. My dreams of baby smooth feet were dead, again.

While this mask did remove a bit of skin, it didn't reveal a new layer of flesh. And yeah, it did soften my feet a bit, but not as much as I had hoped. Sadly this product is no replacement for a trip to the nail salon.

I wouldn't call this mask a complete waste of the roughly $10 it cost me since it did do something but I have no interest in buying it again. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and pay the $30-something for Baby Foot, the original skin-peeling foot mask.

Will I buy this product again: No.

Should you buy this product: No.

No comments:

Post a Comment