Friday, January 19, 2018

The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA Review

After taking a detour to blog about my Sephora Personal One-On-One session, it's time to get back to reviewing the many Deceim serums and creams that I've been using since early November.

Want a simple, natural moisturizer made up of ingredients that you can easily pronounce? Then pass on this daily face moisturizer by acclaimed Canadian beauty company Deceim. But if you want an easy-to-use moisturizer that adds hydration without shine or a high price tag then you'll want to keep reading about Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA.

Part of Deceim's The Ordinary line, this product "offers immediate hydration and lasting results with continued use." It does this with the help of,  "11 amino acids, phospholipids, alpha/beta/gamma fatty acids, triglycerides, sterols and sterol esters, glycerin, ceramide precursors, urea, saccharides, sodium PCA and hyaluronic acid." That's a lot of stuff however this product is free of many other things, including silicon, alcohol, oil and animal testing.

I was recommended this product as a good nighttime moisturizer that would provide my skin with hydration while also playing nicely with any serums or other products I was using. As someone who uses a lot of serums, that really appealed to me.

There's no question that this product delivered in those areas. As far as I can tell, this moisturizer didn't impact my serums in any kind of negative way; I never experienced any redness or other signs or irritation. Instead, this moisturizer consistently deliver soft, smooth, flake-free skin that looked and felt healthy and hydrated.

However, while this moisturizer did successfully fight dry skin, it didn't have any real impact on my fine lines, nor did it prevent or fight my blemishes. And to be fair, The Ordinary doesn't make any claims in those areas. It's all about delivery hydration and there it succeeds.

Not too thick and not too thin, this cream has a lovely texture that absorbed quickly and fully into my skin. Deceim brags that it's "non-greasy" and I agree. While this product did perk up my skin, it did it without adding any shine to my face. It's also scent-free, which will please many people.

Like all The Ordinary products, this one has simple, sleek and effective packaging, in this case a plastic squeeze tube. It's also very cheap, retailing for $5.80 for 30ml. Nope, that's not a typo; this moisturizer is under $6. This line recently become available at Sephora, where it's got to be the cheapest brand in the store. It's also available at Deceim's own store, which can be found in major cities around the world.

Would I buy this product again: Maybe? While it does deliver hydration, my skin needs more than just that. Still, it's so cheap that I might just keep a tube on hand for those times when I just need something to fight dry skin.

Should you buy this product: Go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment