Thursday, February 15, 2018

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Review

What grade would you give your skin? If it's a B, maybe a B+, I know of a product that might take your skin to an A: The Ordinary's Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%.

According to Deciem, "Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) is indicated to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion" while "A high 10% concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid to balance visible aspects of sebum activity." In other words, this serum-like product is supposed to give you clearer, brighter, healthier looking skin.

And I found that it did kind of do this. Using it on the parts of my face that were already at B-level did result in visibly improved skin, taking it up to an A-level. I'd put this on at night and when I'd wake up the next morning, my skin would be soft, smooth and clear.

Except for the parts that developed blemishes. While I do believe that this product did prevent some pimples and other congestion, it didn't prevent as many as I had hoped it would. And it did nothing to fight problem skin once it it popped up.

While Deciem does market this solution as one that fight blemishes, it openly admits that it's not an anti-acne product. Says Deciem, "While Niacinamide and Zinc PCA reduce the look of blemishes and balance visible sebum activity, neither is a treatment for acne." Instead, the company recommends using salicylic acid to fight acne while using this one "for added visible skin benefits."

That's pretty much what I ended up doing, using this product around The Ordinary's Salicylic Acid 2% solution, which I dabbed onto pimples. Overall, this was often a pretty good combo and one that I think quite a few people would benefit from.

While this product isn't nearly as aggressive as the Salicylic Acid 2% solution, the two products do have other aspects in common. Both are clear, scent-less liquid that absorb quickly and weightlessly. But unlike the salicylic acid, this one never "lathered up" on me nor did it ever cause any dry skin or any other issues.

This product also comes in the exact same opaque, glass bottle as The Ordinary's salicylic acid formula, which is good since I like the droplet applicator (as well as the bottle's overall look). And just like that product, this one is crazy cheap: Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% retails for $5.90. While this is no miracle product, it's not a bad item to have in your beauty cabinet, especially at that price.

Will I buy this product again: I might though there are so many other The Ordinary products that I want to try first.

Should you buy this product: For the price, give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment