Monday, November 19, 2012

L’Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Face Primer

*The following is a mini-review because I only had a small amount of this product to try out*

According to L’Oreal, this is the world’s number one selling primer and I can kind of see why: It’s affordable (generally under $15), accessible (you can find it in any drugstore that sells L’Oreal), easy to apply (unlike some other primers, this one does ball, or causing balling if you put too much of it on) and it sort of works.

Now, this product didn't give me “perfect skin texture” nor did it minimize pores and fine lines or make my skin look “resurfaced”, all claims that L’Oreal has for this product. But it definitely does have a “…silky, lightweight formula that glides onto skin…” and it did visibly mattify it. And while it might not have left my skin looking any smoother, it certainly made it feel smoother.

That smooth feeling actually lasted for several hours though unfortunately I can’t say the same for the mattifying effect. While my skin did look less shiny for the first couple of hours, by the end of the work day it was back to its normal, glistening self.

This product also didn't do anything to help keep my makeup in place. Again, by the time I got home from work, my foundation had faded while my eye makeup was concentrated in my eye creases.

Would I buy this product: Nope; I don’t have any interest in a primer that can’t visibly help to keep my makeup in place.

Should you buy this product: Probably not but, if you have a chance to sample it, do try it. Maybe you’ll have better luck with it than me (given that it’s the number one selling primer in the world, it must truly work for some people, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment