Winter 2012 Luxe Box is my best Luxe Box yet. It’s packed with a great mix of products including two full-sized samples, one exclusive sample and three “rare” ones. Here’s exactly what was in my box:
- Eyeko Mini Skinny Brush Mascara (4 ml)
- Essie Nail Lacquer in Butler Please (full-size)
- Dermalogica Precleanse (1.5 ml)
- Kerastase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide (3 ml; this is the exclusive item)
- Donna Karen Woman Eau de Parfum (7 ml)
- Prada Infusion D’iris Perfumed Body Lotion (100 ml; this is a rare item)
- Blue Lagoon Skin Care Algae Mask (10 ml; this is a rare item)
- Loose Button Kabuki Brush (full-size)
- A six-month subscription to Flare magazine
These items came packaged in an elegant white bag, which has already been re-purposed as Christmas wrap, which was placed inside an equally elegant and very durable box (annoyingly Canada Post didn't put it in my mailbox even though it easily fits in but that’s a rant for another post).
As usual, there are a few different versions of this box out there and I think I got the one that features the best combination of items. While two of the items, the Precleanse and the algae mask, were items that I picked through Luxe Box’s first-in-line program, the rest were picked for me by Loose Button, the company behind Luxe Box. I really like how my box included items for my face, body and nails as well as a makeup item and a perfume sample. And the magazine subscription is a really great addition.
I’m most excited to try out the algae mask as well the Eyeko mascara, which is packaged in a squeeze tube instead of the usual hard tube. I’m already using the Prada lotion, which has a light, daytime-friendly scent, and the kabuki brush, which has silky-soft bristles that do a great job at distributing loose powder over my face.
My only complaints about this box are minor: The precleanse sample is much smaller than I was expecting and I wasn't thrilled to get my shipping tracking number after I’d already received my box. But these are both issues that I can live with.
I currently have one box left on my existing Luxe Box subscription and if it’s anything like my winter box, I’ll be happily subscribing for another year.