Friday, September 20, 2013

Elle Beauty Boxes

Yep, that's my dog's nose
It’s been quite the mail week here at Casa Lindsay. First there was my Topbox and then on Wednesday I received two ELLE Beauty Boxes. I have no idea why I received two. I first I though that maybe I double-submitted the form but then I opened the boxes and discovered that they almost seem designed for two different people, which is odd. But whatever, free beauty products are free beauty products.

Here’s what I received in my two boxes:
  • Crest 3D White 2-Hour Express Whitestrips 
  • CoverGirl Clump Crusher by LashBlast mascara 
  • CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish in Sangria 
  • Pantene Age Defy Shampoo and Rejuvenating Hydration Mask 
  • Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex  
  • Vidal Sassoon Repair Shampoo and Conditioner 
  • Coupons for Gillette Venus razor/blades and shaving gel
According to the brochure that came with my boxes, I’m to try out the products and then review them over at the ELLECanada.com Beauty Box page. Once there, I’m to also check out the articles and videos that page has to offer, as well as join in Twitter chats where I can win prizes. Sounds easy enough.

Some people were speculating that ELLE was testing out its own beauty box program. But based on what I received, I don’t think that’s the case. While these boxes aren’t bad, I can’t picture anyone paying for them. In my mind, these boxes are basically another spin on something like the P&G brandSampler program. And that’s fine by me; the last thing I need is another beauty box subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment