Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

I can’t believe I’m about to type these words: I may have found anti-aging serum that actually works. 

Now this serum by Estee Lauder isn’t a miracle product and it hasn’t made my forehead lines vanish. However, I do count myself among the 75% of women who felt that using this product for four weeks left their skin looking more youthful. 

To stretch my sample bottle out, I used this serum only on my forehead. While it had no immediate impact on the two pesky lines that run across my forehead, after about two weeks, I did notice that they looked less deep, especially if I was properly hydrated. And even on those mornings when I did wake up a bit dehydrated, the lines weren’t nearly as bad as they usually are.

But this product isn’t just about fighting wrinkles.  It “addresses all key signs of visible aging, with innovative repair technology for more comprehensive and precise nighttime repair.” Four weeks of nightly use are supposed to also leave skin feeling “smoother, hydrated and stronger” as well as give it “a radiant, more translucent and even toned look.”

I agree that this product did do a great job of moisturizing my forehead; I haven’t had a single dry patch on my forehead since I started this serum. It also left it looking smoother. But I don’t know about more “radiant.”  I also didn’t notice a change in the tone of my skin though it’s already pretty even toned. And as for “translucent,” how is that a good thing? Anyway, there was no change there either though my skin is already pretty “translucent.”

Estee Lauder explains that the key behind this serum is its “powerful new ChronoluxCB™ Technology (that) combines cellular purification and synchronization to help support skin’s natural improvement from the look of damage from every major assault—UV light, smoke and pollution.” Sure, whatever. It also uses hyaluronic acid to lock in moisturize.

Whatever its ingredients, this serum certainly did have some positive impact on my skin. While I wouldn’t go as far as agreeing with this statement, “all major signs of aging look dramatically reduce,” I will say that this serum improved my skin more than any other anti-aging serum I’ve tried.

Like most serums, this one is a clear, thin fluid that goes on easy and is quickly absorbed into the skin. There’s no scent and this product didn’t in anyway irritate my skin. In the past, I’ve run into issues with anti-aging products causing clogged pores and blemishes but not with this one. Estee Lauder says that this serum is also safe for all ethnicities.

Would I buy this product: Not any time soon and not just because I’m in a no-buy period.  At over $70 for a one-ounce bottle, this stuff is expensive and not for someone who doesn’t have a job.

Should you buy this product: Because of its price, see if you can get a sample first. If, like me, you like the results, and you have the cash, pick up a bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment