Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lise Watier Power Kiss Gloss

In September, I was contacted by Lise Watier and asked to give a new – and unnamed – serum/moisturizer duo a try for exactly one week. As a thank-you for my feedback, I was then sent a nail lacquer and a lipgloss. That former item will be getting a review later this week – I need to see how while it wears first – so up today is Lise Watier’s Power Kiss Gloss.

This is an undeniably a great-looking product. The packaging is a durable, high-quality plastic that shows off the colour inside as well as some pretty, silver decor. The lid easily screws off and reveals a simple, but effective sponge-tipped wand that grabs just the right amount of gloss.

And just like its packaging, the gloss itself is pretty, practical and appealing. Described as a “…translucent coral-pink… “ it’s an ideal day gloss. It’s got some, but not too much shine, while the light colour adds just a touch of cheery pink. It’s a colour that, on me anyway, is flattering and versatile.

Lise Watier also describes this gloss as having a, “…comfortable, non-sticky, long-lasting formula.” Personally, I did find it to be a bit sticky but not uncomfortably so. It also didn’t feel chunky or overly slick.

As for long lasting, well, I guess that depends on your definition of that term. I found that as long as I didn’t eat or drink, this product was visibly glossy for somewhere between two and three hours. In my mind, that’s not really long lasting however, I have more than a few glosses that can’t even last that long so hey, maybe it is.

While I was given this product it for free, it normally retails for $21, which I think is an appropriate price for this pretty gloss that you should be able to get a lot of use out of.

Would I buy this product: Yes because I think this is going to be my new, go-to daytime gloss.

Should you buy this product: Do pale coral-pink glosses look good on you? If yes, you’ll want to check out this item.

No comments:

Post a Comment