Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Vidal Sassoon Restoring Repair Shampoo & Conditioner

Vidal Sassoon is one of those brands that hasn’t been on my radar for a long time. I remember the brand’s ads from when I was a kid but by the time I was old enough to start buying my own hair products, around the turn-of-the-millennium, it never occurred to me to buy any Vidal Sassoon products.

But recently the company’s been trying to stage a bit of comeback with stronger advertising and a revamped hair care line called Pro Series. Shampoo and conditioner samples from this line’s Repair collection were also included in the Elle Beauty Boxes that were sent around a few weeks ago.

I think that was a smart marketing move because it put this brand in the hands of a lot of people who likely wouldn’t pick a Vidal Sassoon product up off a store shelf (and yes, I include myself in that group). But now that I’ve tried it, I might actually buy these products because they did indeed leave my hair “healthy looking and strong.”

Vidal Sassoon claims that these products, “help repair damaged hair by restoring smoothness while strengthening hair against further damage that leads to breakage and split ends” and I’m in complete agreement. During the almost-two weeks that I used these products, my hair was consistently shiny, smooth and soft. And while I don’t know if these items were truly strengthening my hair, it certainly felt that way.

In order to get a better sense of how these products were working, I did skip using hair oils or similar products following two of my hair washing sessions. While my hair wasn’t quite as shiny or soft as when I use hair oil, I was still pretty happy with the results.

I’m also quite happy about the price of these products. At under $7 a bottle, this line is a true bargain. It also lathered up nicely; had a clean, soapy smell and easily washed out of my hair.

Would I buy these products: I actually might, especially if I don’t find a new job soon and need to really start budgeting.

Should you buy these products: Sure. Vidal Sassoon might not be the sexiest brand out there but the Repair collection does deliver solid results at a great price and if that’s what you’re looking for, you should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment