Sunday, September 29, 2013

Lise Watier Ombre Soufflé Supreme Eye Shadow

The limited edition Tartan Magique shade
This new line of eye colour is one of those products that some people are going to love while others aregoing to hate it. Personally, I love it because I like my shadow to be on the iridescent side, with the potential for vivid colour.

My September Topbox contained two small samples of this shadow, one in a peachy colour called Sunrise Peach and another is a vibrant green called Vert enchante. Both colours packed plenty of shimmer and shine, perhaps too much for some people, with a little going a long way.

I tried the green shade first and it was significantly more saturated then I was expecting. I actually ended up having to remove my first application of it because it was just too intense for daytime wear. While that might sound like a bad thing, it’s really a good thing for me because it means that this product is perfect for layering and gives me the option to up the drama when I want to. But people who prefer soft and natural looks will not get the full use out of this product.

I also love this shadow’s “air-whipped texture.” Lisa Watier describes it as “exceptionally light (and) creamy” and I completely agree. I also agree that this texture makes this product a breeze to apply with only your fingertips.

However, while this mousse-y texture is great for applying with your fingers, it doesn’t play nicely with brushes. If you’re someone who loves her brushes and/or wants precise application, you’re not going to like this product.

I would also skip this product if you’re a bit lazy when it comes to looking after your makeup. That moist texture means that this shadow will dry out easily if you don’t properly close its lid. And at $24 a jar, this product is too pricey to have to toss because of carelessness.

One aspect of this product that I don’t like is that it’s not the best at staying in place. While using a primer on my lid helped a bit, some shadow always made it up to my eyelid crease. Thankfully, because of its vivid colour and shine, there was still always some colour on my lids by the end of the day (or night). But despite that, I wouldn't call this shadow "long-lasting," like Lisa Watier does.

Lise Watier also claims that this product is “anti-aging,” due to its use of an “exclusive Labrador Tea extract,” which contains antioxidant properties. My reaction to claims that this is always the same: “Sure, whatever,” because there’s no way I can really test out claims like that.

But I do know that the six standard colours this shadow comes in are all beautiful and versatile. How I wish I wasn’t in a no-buy period!

Would I buy this product: Yes! I'm thinking that I might just have to ask Santa for one of these shadows in my stocking.

Should you buy this product: Do you love shimmer, vivid colours and applying your shadow with your fingers? And do you know that you’ll always shut the lid on this product? If yes, then yep, pick up one, or more, jars of this beautiful eye shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment