Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Eslor Botanical Peeling Gel

One of the reasons why I love my Topbox is because it introduces me to new brands like Eslor. This US brand uses the tagline, “The Art of Beauty” and “…blend(s) cutting edge science and the power of natural resources to create the most advanced, results oriented skin care.” Sounds promising so far.

My December Topbox contained several Eslor samples, including one for the Botanical Peeling Gel. According to Eslor, this product will, “Peel away the years for smoother, more radiant skin.”“Combined with dynamic rich natural botanical extracts,” says Eslor, “This gentle exfoliant helps reduce unwanted shine, while refining pores and brightening skin tone.”

It does all of this thanks to a list of ingredients that includes such awesome moisturizers as aloe vera gel and glycerine and powerful exfoliates like pineapple and papaya enzymes. Not in this product are, “Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) and Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES)," the last two being ingredients that some people are sensitive to.

This product was voted “Best Exfoliant” in the 2013 Spa Professional Mexico Product Awards. I guess there must be some kind of exfoliant shortage in Mexico because I was really underwhelmed by this gel.

I agree that it’s gentle; I felt absolutely no burning or any kind of irritation while using the gel. Actually, it felt quite nice on my skin. Many gel masks feel cold, slimly and/or sticky but this one felt comfortable and even moisturizing.

But the results weren’t actually moisturizing on me. I used this product three times and none of those times had any positive impact on the fine lines on my forehead (in fact, after one use, my fine lines looked more visible). I also didn’t notice a difference in the look of my pores.

My skin did look brighter/more radiant immediately after I used this product and any shine was zapped but those results were both temporary. If this was the outcome generated by some $1.99 face mask from Shoppers Drug Mart, I’d say hey, this product might be ideal for someone with sensitive skin who is looking for a great feeling mask. But at $38 USD a bottle (plus shipping; it appears that you can only buy this product online in Canada), it’s a bit much for such minimal results.

While I’m not impressed by this gel, I love how this product is packaged: A sleek pump bottle that keeps out air and dirty fingers. All skin care products should be packaged like this.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: Not at $38 a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment