Monday, April 6, 2015

Matrix Oil Wonders Micro-oil Shampoo & Oil Conditioner

I received my samples of these two Matrix Oil Wonders product in my March Topbox, along with samples of the line’s Egyptian Hibiscus oil. I reviewed that product on Friday and while I liked it, I wasn’t amazed by the results. Would the shampoo and conditioner do a better job at impressing me?

Matrix describes the shampoo as a “lightweight” product that contains “...micro-sized particles of Moroccan argan oil (that) are evenly dispersed in the silicone based shampoo for gentle cleansing and nourishment while providing softness and shine.” The conditioner is also “…infused with Moroccan argan oil that provides lightweight conditioning while restoring manageability for touchable softness and shine.”

I used the shampoo, conditioner and oil together as well as the shampoo and conditioner with another post-wash styling product. The results were always the same: Hair that was fairly shiny, easy to work with and healthy looking. In other words, these products did deliver on their claims. Which is great however, it’s nothing special.

Once upon a time, argan oil was a special, fancy ingredient that wowed me, and others, with its impressive ability to add shine, softness and manageability. Now it and other natural oils are almost common ingredients. Between that and other advancements in the world of shampoo and conditioner, it’s pretty easy to get silky, beautiful hair.

For these products to have impressed me, it would have needed to take those qualities to the next level, leaving it looking like I’d come out of the salon.

It also would have needed to smell better. Both products had an herbal smell that I initially didn’t think much of while I was using in the shower. But then it lingered on my hair all day. That would have been great if it was a nice smell but nope, it’s an unpleasant, at least to my nose, earthy scent that really turns me off of these two products.

At least the pricing isn’t bad; these products are around $15 and for that price you do get results and nice packaging. But in the very crowded, and very effective, shampoo-and-conditioner market, these qualities aren’t unique.

Would I buy these products: No.

Should you buy these products: Take a good, long sniff of these items before you buy them. If you’re okay with the scent, and both products on sale, they are worth picking up. Just don’t expect to be amazed by them if you’re already using argan-containing products.

No comments:

Post a Comment