Saturday, April 18, 2015

My April 2015 Topbox

Question for those of you who are Topbox subscribers, if you request a Privé box (a pre-defined, usually brand-specific box), do you usually get it or do you end up with a regular Topbox instead? I ask because I've only selected the Privé option a handful of times but every time I've asked for one, I've gotten one (and sometimes I've gotten one even when I said I was fine with the regular, mystery Topbox). Am I special or do people normally end up getting the box that they requested?

For April, I requested the NeoStrata Privé box as back in March, I was in need of some new skin care products (though my amazing swag bag from THEFACESHOP launch party has since changed that). And what a surprise, that was the box I received. Here's what was in it:


  • NeoStrata Skin Renewal Peel Solution (20ml)
  • NeoStrata Moisture Infusion Hydrating Cream (20ml)
  • NeoStrata Glycolic Renewal Smoothing Cream (15ml)

There was also a bonus item of:

  • Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Sunscreen Lotion (59ml)

I think everyone received this well-timed bonus. While it's a product that I've tried out before, it looks like I never reviewed it so hey, you can expect to see a write-up on this sunscreen a little later in the year, once things have warmed up and I've had an excuse to use it.

As for the NeoStrata items, I plan on using them starting week. I'm particularly intrigued by the Skin Renewal Peel Solution. I love a good mask/peel and this one is supposed to deliver impress results.

But I have to admin that I'm a bit nervous about the NeoStrata Glycolic Renewal Smoothing Cream. There's a warning about how this product should not be worn outside without sunscreen as well as that usage should start at one application a day. I think I might reserve it as a night cream.

None of the NeoStrata products are cheap, which means they make for perfect Topbox material. These samples are also generously sized, so I should be able to get a real sense of how they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment